Tuesday, August 9, 2011

3 - Ring Binder Cover

This is the latest in my collection of 3 - Ring Binder Covers. This is a fabric cover that goes over a standard 1" three ring binder. It is made of red bandana fabric with a denim sash and pocket cut from recycled Levi's.

Materials:
3/4 yd of fabric
23" x 3" strip of denim fabric
1 denim jean pocket
1/2 yd heaveyweight Pellon fusible interfacing


I used the same fabric for the outside and the lining. I cut two rectangles 23" x 13", and one rectangle of heavyweight fusible interfacing. For the inside pockets I cut two pieces of the same fabric 10" x 13" and two 8" x 10" for the pockets.

Denim strip 23" x 3". I sewed this strip on with a decorative stitch using a contrasting thread 1/2" from the edge, then clipped the edges to help the denim fringe better. I then sewed the pocket on using my zipper foot to get close to the edge clipped the edges and washed the fabric to get the denim to fringe.



I trimmed the fusible interfaction 1/2" all the way around and then ironed it to the lining.

The top edge of both of the inside slip pockets is turned under and stitched. I added a red twill tape trim for stability.
Inside front cover:
Turn the right edge of the slip pocket and the notebook cover under 1/4" stitch together.


This binder cover fits a 1" three ring binder. It has two slip pockets on the inside of the cover and one denim pocket on the outside.


Catherine
Bel Aire Village Unique Handmade Accessories



No comments:

Post a Comment